Duxford St Peter
"DUXFORD ST. PETER, a parish in the village of Duxford."
- The Monumental Inscriptions of St Peter's churchyard 1693-1978 have been recorded and reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. These are also available, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search)
- The Census Records from 1841-1891 can be found in the Cambridgeshire Archives. In addition the 1851 Census for Duxford St Peter is available in full transcript form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search)
- The following Churches have their own websites:
- St. Peter's Church, Duxford
- "St. Peter's church is a building of rubble, partly in the Norman style, and consists of chancel, nave with clerestory, aisles, south porch and a lofty embattled western tower with a small spire and containing a clock and one bell: there are several examples of Early English work of the 13th century, including a beautiful "low-side window" on the north side of the chancel, an aumbry, or locker, two good sedilia and a piscina: the church was thoroughly restored during the period 1874-91, at a cost of £2,500, and affords 150 sittings. The register dates from the year 1684." [Kelly's Directory - 1929]
- Church of England
- Duxford St Peter: Records of baptisms 1684-1970, marriages 1684-1984, burials 1684-1996 and banns 1755-1812, 1824-1976 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1599-1857 can be found in the Cambridge University Library. Indexed transcripts exist in the Cambridgeshire Archives for Bishops's Transcript's 1599-1687, baptisms, marriages, burials 1684-1851. Also transcribed and in the CRO are RAF Duxford baptisms 1948-57. The parish registers are available in full transcript form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search)
- Please see the Duxford page for the gazetteers.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Duxford St Peter to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL480459 (Lat/Lon: 52.09166, 0.158908), Duxford St Peter which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)