Hide

Extraparochial

hide
Hide

Hide

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013

"BYALL FEN, an extra-parochial district, in the hundred and Isle of Ely, in the county of Cambridge, 7 miles to the north-west of Ely."

"CHRIST COLLEGE, an extra-parochial place in the liberty of Cambridge University, in the county of Cambridge. See Cambridge University."

"CLARE HALL, an extra-parochial place, in the liberty of Cambridge University, in the county of Cambridge. See Cambridge University."

"CORPUS CHRISTI COLLEGE, an extra-parochial place belonging to the University and in the county of Cambridge."

"ELY COLLEGE, an extra-parochial place in Ely city, Isle of Ely, county Cambridge. See Ely."

"GRUNTY-FEN, an extra parochial place in the hundred of South Witchford, Isle of Ely, county Cambridge, 4 miles south-west of Ely. The principal residence is Grunty House.

(See also the Grunty Fen Parish pages)"

"JESUS COLLEGE, an extra parochial place in Cambridge University, county Cambridge, which see."

"KING'S COLLEGE, an extra parochial place in Cambridge University, county Cambridge. See Cambridge."

"MAGDALEN COLLEGE, an extra parochial place of Cambridge University, in the town and county of Cambridge, which see."

"PEMBROKE HALL, an extra parochial liberty in the county of Cambridge. See Cambridge University."

"SIDNEY SUSSEX COLLEGE, an extra parochial place in the liberty of Cambridge University, county Cambridge."

"TRINITY COLLEGE, an extra parochial place, in the University of Cambridge county Cambridge."

"WELCHES-DAM, an extra parochial liberty in the hundred of South Witchford, county Cambridge, 6 miles north-west of Ely. It is situated in the Isle of Ely, near the Old Bedford river.

Welches Dam, formerly an extra-parochial area which was divided civilly between Chatteris and Manea in 1960, but for ecclesiaistical purposes it is now divided between Chatteris and Mepal.

(See also Welches Dam Parish pages)"

"WOLVEY-HILLS and WOLVEY-HOLES, extra parochial places adjoining the parish of Witcham, county Cambridge, 3 miles south-west of Ely."

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
Hide
topup

Gazetteers