GRAVELEY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"GRAVELEY is a parish on the borders of Huntingdonshire, 3 miles east from Offord and Buckden station on the main line of the London and North Eastern railway, 6 south-east from Huntingdon, 7 south-west of St. Ives and 6 north-east from St. Neots, in the hundred of Papworth, petty sessional division of Caxton, union and county court district of St. Neots, rural deanery of St. Neots, archdeaconry of Huntingdon and diocese of Ely.
The soil to a considerable depth is clayey; the subsoil is Oxford clay. The chief crops are wheat, peas, beans and barley. The area is 1,582 acres; the population in 1921 was 158."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]