GUILDEN MORDEN: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"GUILDEN MORDEN is a parish and village on the river Cam, near the borders of Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, 4 miles north from Ashwell and Morden station on the Hitchin, Royston and Cambridge branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 6 north-west from Royston and about 15 south-west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Armingford, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union and county court district of Royston, rural deanery of Shingay and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is various ; subsoil, clay and chalk. The crops are chiefly wheat, barley, oats and beans. The area is 2,599 acres; the population in 1921 was 580."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]