HORSEHEATH: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
"HORSEHEATH is a parish and village, pleasantly seated on the Cambridge old road, 4½ miles east from Linton station on the Cambridge and Sudbury line of the London and North Eastern railway, 4 west from Haverhill and 14 south-east from Cambridge, in the hundred of Chilford, petty sessional division and union of Linton, county court district of Haverhill, rural deanery of Camps and archdeaconry and diocese Ely.
Horseheath Hall, a magnificent mansion, erected here in 1665 by William, Baron Alington, was sold about a century later for the value of the materials: the park which consisted of above 870 acres, has been disparked. T. Wayman Parsons esq. is lord of the manor and principal landowner. The soil is clay; subsoil chalk. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 1,922 acres; the population in 1921 was 369."