Swaffham Prior St Cyriac
"SWAFFHAM PRIOR ST. CYRIAC, a parish in the town of Swaffham Prior.
See also Swaffham Prior main page."
- The Monumental Inscriptions for the churchyard of SS Cyriac and Julitta, 1711-1929 can be found in the Cambridgeshire Archives and are available, in microfiche form, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Bookstall.
- The church of St. Cyriac and St. Julitta, Swaffham.
- The following Churches have their own websites:
- The church of St. Cyriac and St. Julitta, Swaffham
- "The church of St. Cyriac and St. Julitta is a plain embattled structure of debased Gothic character, consisting of a small chancel, nave with three small and low transeptal chapels, and an ancient 15th century tower, terminating in an embattled polygon lantern and containing 6 bells: in 1878 a faculty was obtained for the demolition of the church, which has however, been left standing up to the present time. The registers date from the year 1559, there being separate registers for the two churches up to the 17th century, when the benefices were united by Act of Parliament." [Kellys Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]
- Church of England
- Swaffham Prior St Cyriac and St Julitta: Records of baptisms 1559-1657, marriages 1559-1661, burials 1559-1658 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives, after that period St. Mary is included for baptisms 1657-1951, marriages 1737-2000, burials 1737-1988 and banns 1754-1957. Indexed transcripts exist in the Cambridgeshire Archives for baptisms 1599-1662, marriages 1559-1661 and burials 1559-1658 after 1661the parishes of St. MAry and SS. Cyriac and Julitta are combined in transcriptions; the transcripts of the parish registers for the years 1559-1852 are available, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Bookstall. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1599-1639, 1662-63, then including St. Mary, 1660-1861, can be found in the Cambridge University Library.
- Please see the Swaffham Prior page for the gazetteers.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Swaffham Prior St Cyriac to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL568638 (Lat/Lon: 52.250039, 0.295516), Swaffham Prior St Cyriac which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)