"WELCHES DAM, formerly extra-parochial, is now a parish, in the Isle of Ely, on the Old Bedford river, 5 miles east from Chatteris, in the South Witchford hundred, North Witchford union and petty sessional division and county court district of March. The mission church of St. Eanswythe was erected in 1909, and is served by the vicar of Manea. The soil is fen land; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, beans, oats and roots. The area is 2,355 acres of land and 33 of water; the population in 1921 was 125."
- The Census Records for Welches Dam 1841-1891 are held in the Cambridgeshire Archives. In addition the 1851 Census for Welches Dam is available in full transcript form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search)
- Welches Dam Wesleyan Methodist: records of baptisms 1868-1912 are held at the Cambridgeshire Archives.
- Wesleyan Methodist Church: Records exist at the Cambridgeshire Archives for the Chatteris Wesleyan Circuit of which Welches Dam is part.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Welches Dam to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL469860 (Lat/Lon: 52.452209, 0.160312), Welches Dam which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)