"WESTWICK is a parish, half a mile north-east of Oakington, in the hundred and union of Chesterton and Oakington ecclesiastical parish. The principaL landowner is J. H. H. Linton esq.
The area is 333 acres; the population in 1921 was 58."
- The Census Records for Westwick are listed under Oakington from 1841-1891 and can be found in the Cambridgeshire Archives. In addition the 1841 and 1851 Census for Oakington is available in full transcript form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Westwick to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL419651 (Lat/Lon: 52.265759, 0.077958), Westwick which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)