Whittlesey St Andrew
"WHITTLESEY ST. ANDREW, a parish in the town of Whittlesey."
- The Census Records from 1841-1891 can be found in the Cambridgeshire Archives and at Wisbech Library. In addition the 1851 Census for Whittlesey is available in full transcript form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search)
- The following Churches have their own websites:
- St. Andrew's Church, Whittlesey
- "The church of St. Andrew is a building of stone in the Perpendicular and Decorated styles, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and fine embattled western tower; with pinnacles and containing a clock and 6 bells: the church was restored in 1872, under the direction of Mr. R. R. Rowe, architect, of Cambridge, and affords 400 sittings. The register dates from the year 1635. " [Kelly's Directory - 1900]
- Church of England
- Whittlesey St Andrew: Records of baptisms 1653-91, 1813-1945, marriages 1659-95, 1815-1960, burials 1653-87, 1813-1937 and banns 1817-1919, 1931-69 (entries are with St Mary's for the years 1695-1815) reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1602-41, 1663-1700 (with St Mary's after 1700) can be found in the Cambridge University Library. Indexed transcripts exist in the Cambridgeshire Archives for baptisms 1602-43, 1653-1700, 1813-51 marriages 1602-43, 1659-1700, 1815-1851 and burials 1602-43, 1653-1700, 1813-51. The indexed transcripts of the registers are available in full transcript form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search). Microfilm copies of the Bishop's Transcripts reside at the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1602-41, 1696-1700 further photocopies reside at Huntingdon Record Office for baptisms 1653-95, burials 1653-87 and marriages 1659-95.
- Please see the Whittlesey page for the gazetteers.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Whittlesey St Andrew to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL266969 (Lat/Lon: 52.555224, -0.134089), Whittlesey St Andrew which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)