Acton (near Weaverham)
"ACTON, a township in the parish of WEARHAM, second division of the hundred of EDDISBURY, county palatine of CHESTER, 4½ miles (W. N. W.) from Northwich, containing 301 inhabitants. The Nantwich branch of the Chester canal passes through this township." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Acton was a township in Weaverham parish, and Eddisbury hundred (SJ 5975), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was renamed Acton Bridge in 1967.
- It included the hamlets of Acton Bridge, Acton Cliffe, Hall Green, Lower Green, and (from 1936) Milton.
- The population was 210 in 1801, 424 in 1851, 516 in 1901, and 550 in 1951.
For the period after 1967, see Acton Bridge.
- Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Northwich Rural District (1894-1967)