Hide

St Mary Magdelene, Alsager, Church of England

hide
Hide
image
Hide

St Mary Magdelene,
Crewe Road (formerly Barthomley Road),
Alsager

Hide
topup

Cemeteries

The church does not have a graveyard.

topup

Church History

Built 1894-98 to become the district church for the township of Alsager (previously served by Alsager: Christ Church). The boundaries of "The District Chapelry of Saint Mary Magdalene, Alsager" were described in the London Gazette on 19 July 1898:

"All that part of the parish of Barthomley in the county of Chester and in the diocese of Chester which is comprised within and is coextensive with the limits of the township of Alsager."

The district was affected by the following boundary change:

  • 1946 August 9 — reduced when part of the township of Alsager was transferred to Alsager: Christ Church.
topup

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original Registers C 1898-1986 ; M 1898-2003 — Cheshire Archives (P 102)
C from 1986 ; M from 2003 — Church
Copies and Indexes M 1899-1908 — Cheshire BMD (CC:1005)
topup

Maps

It is located at SJ7955055490 (Lat/Lon 53.09622, -2.306845). You can see this on maps provided by:

Hide
hide