Built 1894-98 to become the district church for the township of Alsager (previously served by Alsager: Christ Church). The boundaries of "The District Chapelry of Saint Mary Magdalene, Alsager" were described in the London Gazette on 19 July 1898:
"All that part of the parish of Barthomley in the county of Chester and in the diocese of Chester which is comprised within and is coextensive with the limits of the township of Alsager."
The district was affected by the following boundary change:
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts