An ancient chapel to Frodsham: St. Lawrence. The present church was built in 1861 as the district church for the township of Alvanley. The boundaries of "The District Chapelry of Alvanley" were described in the London Gazette of 19 April 1861:
"All that part of the parish of Frodsham, in the county and diocese or Chester, which is comprised within the township of Alvanley".
The district was also affected by the following boundary change:
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts