Hide

Alvaston

hide
Hide

"ALVASTON, a township in the parish of NANTWICH, and hundred of NANTWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 2½ miles (N.E.) from Nantwich, containing 37 inhabitants. Races are held annually in this township." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Alvaston was a township in Nantwich ancient parish, Nantwich hundred (SJ 6654), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The civil parish was abolished in 1899 to become part of Worleston.
  • The population was 11 in 1801, and 37 in 1851.

For the period after 1899, see Worleston.

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Nantwich (1837-99)
topup

Court Records

  • Nantwich (1828-99)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1899 September 29 — Abolished and incorporated into Worleston (pop. 61 in 1901)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Nantwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Nantwich Rural District (1894-99)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Nantwich (1837-99)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Crewe (1885-99)