"ARROW, a township in the parish of WOODCHURCH, lower division of the hundred of WIRRALL, county palatine of CHESTER, 6¾ miles (N. by W.) from Great Neston, containing 72 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Arrowe was a township in Woodchurch ancient parish, Wirral hundred (SJ 2785), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1933 to become parts of Birkenhead and Irby.
- It includes the hamlet of Arrowe Park.
- The population was 96 in 1801, 105 in 1851, and 121 in 1901.