Hide

Aston Grange

hide
Hide

"ASTON-GRANGE, a township in the parish of RUNCORN, hundred of BUCKLOW, county palatine of CHESTER, 3¼ miles (E.) from Frodsham, containing 36 inhabitants. Here is an ancient chapel, which was rebuilt on an enlarged plan in 1737." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Aston Grange was a township in Runcorn ancient parish, Bucklow hundred (SJ 5778), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • In 1936 the whole of Aston Grange was added to Aston.
  • The population was 47 in 1801, 15 in 1851, and 40 in 1901.

For the period after 1936, see Aston.

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Runcorn (1837-1936)
topup

Court Records

  • Bucklow (1828-39)
  • Daresbury (1839-67)
  • Runcorn (1867-1936)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1936 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Aston (458 acres, pop. 36 in 1931)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Runcorn Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Runcorn Rural District (1894-1936)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Runcorn
topup

Voting Registers

  • North Cheshire (1832-67)
  • Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Northwich (1885-1936)