Hide

Bache

hide
Hide

"BACH, a township in that part of the parish of ST. OSWALD CHESTER, which is in the lower division of the hundred of BROXTON, county palatine of CHESTER, containing 21 inhabitants. Bach Hall was garrisoned for the parliament, in the early part of the civil war, and destroyed during the siege of Chester, in 1645." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Bache was a township in St. Oswald's ancient parish, Broxton hundred (SJ 3968), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The population was 8 in 1801, 25 in 1851, 36 in 1901, 68 in 1951, and 158 in 2001.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Great Boughton (1837-69)
  • Chester (1870-1937)
  • West Cheshire (1937-74)
  • Chester & Ellesmere Port (1974-98)
  • Cheshire West (1998-2007)
  • Cheshire (2007-09)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Court Records

  • Broxton (1828-71)
  • Chester Castle (1871-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2001)
  • Chester, Ellesmere Port & Neston (2001-12)
  • West Cheshire (2012+)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Chester Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Chester Rural District (1894-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2009)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Great Boughton (1837-71)
  • Chester (1871-1930).
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-1915)
  • Chester (1918-74)