St Michael and All Angels, Crewe Green, Church of England
St Michael and All Angels,
It was founded in 1857.
Built in 1857 as the district church for the township of Crewe (previously served by Barthomley: St. Bertoline). The boundaries of "The District of Crewe" were described in the London Gazette of 8 September 1857:
"All that part of the said parish of Barthomley which is comprised within the boundaries and limits of the township of Crewe"
The township of Crewe, and the name of the parish, subsequently became known as "Crewe Green" to distinguish it from the neighbouring township of Monks Coppenhall in the borough of Crewe.
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1857-1947 ; M 1859-1993 ; B 1858-1992 — Cheshire Archives (P 174)
C from 1947 ; M from 1993 ; B from 1992 — Church
|Copies and Indexes||M 1859-1974 — Cheshire BMD (CC:1035)|
|Monumental Inscriptions||Transcript by M. J. Yoxall, 1985 — Cheshire Archives ; Crewe Library|
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)