Hide

Bartington

hide
Hide

"BARTINGTON, a township in that part of the parish of GREAT BUDWORTH which is in the hundred of BUCKLOW, county palatine of CHESTER, 3¾ miles (N. W. by W.) from Northwich, containing 81 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Bartington was a township in Great Budworth ancient parish, Bucklow hundred (SJ 5976), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The civil parish was abolished in 1936 to become part of Dutton.
  • The population was 77 in 1801, 87 in 1851, and 75 in 1901.

For the period after 1936, see Dutton.

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Runcorn (1837-1936)
topup

Court Records

  • Bucklow (1828-39)
  • Daresbury (1839-1906)
  • Northwich (1906-36)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1898 April 1 — Lost part to Dutton (pop. 0 in 1901)
  • 1936 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Dutton (312 acres, pop. 64 in 1931)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Runcorn Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Runcorn Rural District (1894-1936)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Runcorn
topup

Voting Registers

  • North Cheshire (1832-67)
  • Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Northwich (1885-1936)