Birtles Lane, Over Alderley
Built in 1840 as a private chapel. In 1890 it became the district church for the townships of Birtles and Over Alderley (previously served by Prestbury: St. Peter and Alderley: St. Mary). The boundaries of "The Consolidated Chapelry of Saint Catherine, Birtles" were described in the London Gazette on 19 August 1890:
"All that portion of the parish of Alderley in tlie county of Chester and in the diocese of Chester which is comprised within and is coextensive with the limits of the township of Over Alderley. And also all that contiguous portion of the parish of Prestbury in the same county and diocese which is comprised within and is co-extensive with the limits of the township of Birtles."
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts