"BLACKDEN, a township in that part of the parish of SANDBACH which is in the hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 6 ½ miles (S.S. E.) from Knutsford, containing 191 inhabitants. " [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Blackden was a township in Goostrey chapelry of Sandbach ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 7870), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1936 to become part of Goostrey.
- The population was 136 in 1801, 164 in 1851, and 110 in 1901.
For the period after 1936, see Goostrey.
- 1936 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Goostrey (749 acres, pop. 121 in 1931)
- Congleton Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Congleton Rural District (1894-1936)