Blacon cum Crabwall
"BLACON, a township, joint with Crabhall, in that part of the parish of HOLY TRINITY CHESTER, which is in the higher division of the hundred of WIRRALL, county palatine of CHESTER, 2 miles (W. N. W.) from Chester, containing, with Crabhall, 75 inhabitants. The Ellesmere canal passes in the vicinity." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
"CRABHALL, a township, joint with Blacon, in that part of the parish of HOLY TRINITY CHESTER, which is in the higher division of the hundred of WIRRALL, county palatine of CHESTER, 2½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Chester. The population is returned with Blacon." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Blacon cum Crabwall (or Blacon with Crabwall) was a township in the parishes of Chester: Holy Trinity and Chester: St. Oswald, Wirral hundred (SJ 3767), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1936 to become parts of Chester and Mollington.
- It included the hamlets of Abbotts Mead, Blacon, and Crabwall.
- The population was 36 in 1801, 115 in 1851, and 258 in 1901.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Blacon cum Crabwall to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Blacon cum Crabwall has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ380678 (Lat/Lon: 53.203639, -2.929666), Blacon cum Crabwall which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)