"BOLLEN-FEE, a township in the parish of WILMSLOW, hundred of MACCLESFIELD, county palatine of CHESTER, 6 miles (S. W.) from Stockport, containing 1761 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Bollinfee (or Bollin Fee) was a township in Wilmslow ancient parish, Macclesfield hundred (SJ 8478), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1936 to become parts of Alderley Edge and Wilmslow.
- The population was 1506 in 1801, 1884 in 1851, and 633 in 1901.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bollin Fee to another place.
- 1883 — Gained detached part No.1 of Bollinfee (2 acres, pop. 0 in 1891)
- 1888 March 24 — Gained detached part No.4 of Pownall Fee (63 acres, pop. 28 in 1891, including Lindon Grove Academy and Leigh's Farm)
- 1894 September 30 — Gained part of Fulshaw (pop. 251 in 1901), and lost the part in Wilmslow Urban Sanitary District to Wilmslow (pop. 3208 in 1901)
- 1936 April 1 — Abolished and divided between Alderley Edge (112 acres, pop. 746 in 1931) and Wilmslow (less than 1 acre, pop. 0 in 1931)
You can see the administrative areas in which Bollin Fee has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ853813 (Lat/Lon: 53.328361, -2.222156), Bollin Fee which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Chorley Urban Sanitary District (partly, 1875-94)
- Wilmslow Urban Sanitary District (partly, 1888-94) *
- Alderley Edge Urban District (1894-1936)
* The part in Wilmslow Urban Sanitary District (1888-94) became part of the civil parish of Wilmslow in 1894.