Bollington (near Lymm)
"BOLLINGTON, a township partly in the parish of BOWDON, but chiefly in the parish of ROSTHERN, hundred of BUCKLOW, county palatine of CHESTER, 5½ miles (N. by W.) from Nether Kuutsford, containing 264 inhabitants. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Bollington was a township in the ancient parishes of Bowdon and Rostherne, Bucklow hundred (SJ 7286), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- In 1981 the civil parish was renamed Little Bollington.
- It includes the hamlet of Spode Green.
- The population was 202 in 1801, 300 in 1851, 215 in 1901, and 175 in 1951.
For the period after 1981, see Little Bollington.
- Bowdon: St. Mary (Church of England). The ancient parish church for part (328 acres, pop. 160 in 1871) of the township of Bollington.
- Rostherne: St. Mary (Church of England). The ancient parish church for part (318 acres, pop. 93 in 1871) of the township of Bollington.
- Bollington: Holy Trinity (Church of England). The district church for the whole of Bollington from 1869.
|Holy Trinity, Bollington, Church of England|
|St John the Baptist, Bollington, Church of England|
|St Oswald, Bollington, Church of England|
|Shrigley Court, Church Street, Bollington, United Reformed Church|
|Grimshaw Lane, Bollington, Methodist (New Connexion)|
|High Street, Bollington, Methodist (Primitive)|
|Oak Lane, Kerridge, Bollington, Methodist (Wesleyan)|
|Wellington Road, Knowles Green, Bollington, Methodist|
|St Gregory, Bollington, Roman Catholic|
- Altrincham Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Altrincham Rural District (1894-95)
- Bucklow Rural District (1895-1974)
- Macclesfield (1974-81)