An ancient parish church, originally serving the township of Thurstaston, and parts of the townships of Greasby and Irby.
The dstrict was affected by the following boundary changes:
1874 October 23 — enlarged when the following part of the township of Caldy was transferred from West Kirby: St. Bridget: "A hamlet or place, consisting of nine cottages, situated on land of twenty-two acres two roods and six perches in extent, known as Up-Caldy".
1959 February 24 — enlarged when the following area was transferred from Woodchurch: Holy Cross: "All that part of the parish of Woodchurch which lies to the west of an imaginary line commencing at the point where the boundaries of the parishes of Frankby, Thurstaston, and Woodchurch all meet in Arrowe Brook Lane and extending thence southeastwards to and along the middle of Limbo Lane to its end and in a straight line in continuation thereof to a point in the middle of Thingwall Road on the imaginary line described in paragraph 1 of this
Schedule and continuing thence first southwestwards then southwards then southeastwards along the last mentioned imaginary line to the boundary which divides the parish of Woodchurch from the parish of Barnston."
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
C 1706-1954 ; M 1706-1981 ; B 1706-1946 — Cheshire Record Office (P 48)
C from 1954 ; M from 1981 ; B from 1946 — Church