An ancient parish church, originally serving the townships of Cheadle Bulkeley, Cheadle Moseley and Handforth cum Bosden. It included the chapels of Cheadle: All Hallows and Cheadle Heath: St. Cuthbert.
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
- 1852 January 9 — reduced when the hamlets of Brinksway and Edgeley were transferred to the new district of Stockport: St. Matthew.
- 1868 August 4 — reduced when parts of the townships of Cheadle Moseley, Cheadle Bulkeley, and Handforth cum Bosden were transferred to the new district of Cheadle Hulme: All Saints.
- 1877 December 18 — reduced when parts of the townships of Handforth cum Bosden, Cheadle Moseley and Cheadle Bulkeley were transferred to the new district of Handforth: St. Chad
- 1878 August 23 — reduced when the township of Bosden was transferred to Norbury: St. Thomas
- 1893 November 28 — reduced by the creation of the new district of Stockport: St. Augustine.
- 1907 April 2 — reduced when the following area was transferred to Stockport: St. Matthew: "All that portion of the parish of Cheadle, in the said county and diocese, which is bounded upon the west and upon the north by the said new parish of Saint Matthew, Stockport, and upon the remaining sides, that is to say, upon the east and upon the south, by an imaginary line commencing at the point in the middle of the line of the London and North Western Railway where the boundaries of the said new parish of Saint Matthew, Stockport, the said parish of Cheadle and the parish of Saint Thomas, Stockport, in the said county and diocese, all meet, and extending thence first southward, then south-westward and then westward along the middle of the Warrington and Stockport Line of the said London and North Western Railway for a distance of one mile or thereabouts to the point where the said Warrington and Stockport Line of railway is crossed by the boundary which divides the said parish of Cheadle from the said new parish of Saint Matthew, Stockport."
- 1937 December 24 — reduced when the following area was transferred to Stockport: St. George: "All that portion of the Parish of Cheadle, in the said County and Diocese, which is bounded upon the east partly by the said Parish of Saint George, Stockport, and partly by the New Parish of Saint Thomas, Stockport, upon the north partly by the New Parish of Saint Mark, Stockport, and partly by the New Parish of Saint Augustine, Brinksway, all in the said County and Diocese, and upon the remaining side, that is to say, upon the southwest, by an imaginary line commencing upon the boundary which divides the said New Parish of Saint Augustine, Brinksway, from the said Parish of Cheadle, at the centre of the bridge which carries the Stockport and Cheadle Branch Line of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway across the New Mills and Heaton Mersey Line of the same railway, and extending thence south- eastward along the middle of the last mentioned line of railway for a distance of 1 mile and 16 chains or thereabouts to the boundary which divides the said Parish of Cheadle from the said New Parish of Saint George, Stockport"
- 1958 February 25 — enlarged when the following area was transferred from Gatley: St. James the Apostle: "All those parts of the parish of Saint James, Gatley, which lie to the south and east of the middle of Wilmslow Road and to the north of the boundary which divides the parish of Cheadle from the parish of All Saints. Cheadle Hulme".
- 1959 May 15 — reduced when part of Cheadle Hulme was transferred to Cheadle Hulme: St. Andrew.
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
||C 1558-1987 ; M 1558-1981 ; B 1558-1774, 1792-1992 — Cheshire Record Office (P 319)
C from 1987 ; M from 1981 ; B from 1982 — Church
||C 1558-1943 ; M 1558-1913 ; B 1558-1774, 1792-1911 — Cheshire Record Office
C 1558-1880 ; M 1558-1913 ; B 1558-1774, 1792-1911 — Manchester Archives & Local Studies ; Stockport Heritage Library
C 1836-1880 ; M 1723-1913 ; B 1723-1911 — Family History Society of Cheshire
||1610, 1619, 1620, 1630, 1633, 1635-41, 1663-85, 1690, 1695, 1727, 1730-35, 1737-38, 1744-46, 1748-1852, 1873-86, 1888 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire
|Copies and Indexes
||C 1558-1880 ; M 1558-1884 ; B 1558-1982 (transcripts by G. V. Chivers) — Church
C 1677-1713 ; M 1662-1796 ; B 1677-1678 (microfilmed transcript) — Society of Genealogists' Library
C 1813-1871 — North Cheshire Family History Society
M 1558-1837 — North & East Cheshire Marriage Index - may be viewable at subscription sites such as ancestry or findmypast
M 1701-1837 (incomplete) — Bertram Merrell Marriage Index of Cheshire (1750-1836)
M 1837-2014 — Cheshire BMD (ST:ST65)
B 1558-1870 — transcript published by Cheshire Parish Register Project
B 1871-1982 — National Burial Index
B 1871-1982 — publishd by North Cheshire Family History Society
||Transcript by A. E. Stain, 1995 — Church
Published by North Cheshire Family History Society (partial)