"CHESTER; The city comprises the parishes of St. Bridget, St. John the Baptist, Little St. John, St. Martin, St. Michael, St. Olave, and St. Peter; and part of the parishes of St. Mary on the Hill, St. Oswald, and the Holy Trinity, and the precinct of the Cathedral Close; all in the archdeaconry and diocese of Chester.
The living of the parish of the Holy Trinity is a discharged rectory, rated in the king's books at £8. 15. 6., and in the patronage of the Earl of Derby."
[From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]