Chester - Holy Trinity
"CHESTER; The city comprises the parishes of St. Bridget, St. John the Baptist, Little St. John, St. Martin, St. Michael, St. Olave, and St. Peter; and part of the parishes of St. Mary on the Hill, St. Oswald, and the Holy Trinity, and the precinct of the Cathedral Close; all in the archdeaconry and diocese of Chester.
The living of the parish of the Holy Trinity is a discharged rectory, rated in the king's books at £8. 15. 6., and in the patronage of the Earl of Derby."
[From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Chester - Holy Trinity to another place.
"CHESTER HOLY TRINITY, a parish in the city of Chester."
"BLACON-CUM-CRABHALL, (or Crabwall), a township in the parish of Chester Holy Trinity, Chester, hundred of Wirrall, in the county palatine of Chester, 2 miles to the W. of Chester. It is not far from the Ellesmere canal.
"CRABWALL, a hamlet in the parishes of Chester Holy Trinity, and St. Oswald, hundred of Wirrall, in the county of Chester, 1½ mile N. of Chester. Lord Crewe is lord of the manor. It is situated near the Ellesmere canal, and together with Blacon forms a township."
Places with an association to Chester, Holy Trinity parish which have a separate page
You can see the administrative areas in which Chester - Holy Trinity has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ403663 (Lat/Lon: 53.190422, -2.894956), Chester - Holy Trinity which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)