Chester - St Peter
"CHESTER; The city comprises the parishes of St. Bridget, St. John the Baptist, Little St. John, St. Martin, St. Michael, St. Olave, and St. Peter; and part of the parishes of St. Mary on the Hill, St. Oswald, and the Holy Trinity, and the precinct of the Cathedral Close; all in the archdeaconry and diocese of Chester.
The living of St. Peter's is a discharged perpetual curacy, rated in the king's books at £6. 13.4., endowed with £200 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £400 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Bishop."
[From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Chester - St Peter to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Chester - St Peter has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ405663 (Lat/Lon: 53.190257, -2.89149), Chester - St Peter which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)