Gloucester Street/St. Anne Street.
Built in 1838 as a chapel to Chester: St. Oswald. In 1843 it became the district church for the township of Newton by Chester, part of the township of Hoole, and part of the City of Chester (previously served by Chester: St. Oswald, Chester: St. John the Baptist and Plemstall: St. Peter).
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
- 1872 August 13 — reduced when the area outside the city of Chester (comprising the township of Newton by Chester and part of the township of Hoole) was transferred to the new district of Hoole: All Saints.
In 1973 the district was amalgamated with Chester: St. John the Baptist, Chester: St. Oswald, Chester: St. Bridget, Chester: St. Martin, Chester: St. Peter, Chester: St. Michael and Chester: St. Olave to create a unified district for the city of Chester.
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1838-1955 ; M 1871-1972 ; B 1839-1854 — Cheshire Archives (P 17)|
C from 1955 ; M from 1972 — Church
|Microfilm Copies||C 1838-1942 ; M 1871-1949 ; B 1839-1854 — Cheshire Archives|
|Bishop's Transcripts||1855, 1857-76 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Archives ; Family History Society of Cheshire|
|Copies and Indexes||M 1871-1958 — Cheshire BMD (CE:CE11)|
|Monumental Inscriptions||Transcript by T. S. Alexander-Macquiban, 1970 — Cheshire Archives|