Upper Northgate Street.
Little St. John (also known as St. John without the Northgate) was built in 1717 to become the church of an extra-parochial precinct, and served the ancient foundation of the Hospital of St. John. The building became the property of the City Municipal Charities Trustees in 1852, and was restored two years later. In 1967 the district was abolished and transferred to Chester: St. Oswald, and the building ceased to be used for church purposes in 1969 when a faculty was granted confirming a lease by the Municipal Charities Trustees to the Chester Corporation for secular use
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts