"CROWLEY, a township in that part of the parish of GREAT BUDWORTH which is in the hundred of BUCKLOW, county palatine of CHESTER, 6¾ miles (N.) from Northwich, containing 149 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Crowley was a township in Great Budworth ancient parish, Bucklow hundred (SJ 6580), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1936 to become part of Antrobus.
- It included the hamlet of Reedgate.
- The population was 147 in 1801, 169 in 1851, and 182 in 1901.
For the period after 1936, see Antrobus.
- 1936 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Antrobus (1400 acres, pop. 139 in 1931)