Hide

Croxton

hide
Hide

"CROXTON, a township in that part of the parish of MIDDLEWICH which is in the hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 1 mile (N. N. W.) from Middlewich, containing 52 inhabitants. The Grand Trunk canal passes through this parish." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Croxton was a township in Middlewich ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 6967), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The civil parish was abolished in 1892 to become part of Byley.
  • The population was 45 in 1801 and 49 in 1851.

For the period after 1892, see Byley.

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Court Records

  • Northwich (1828-92)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1892 March 25 — Abolished and incorporated into Byley (pop. 48 in 1901)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-92)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Northwich (1885-1915)