Hide

Cuddington (near Malpas)

hide
Hide

"CUDDINGTON, a township in the parish of MALPAS, higher division of the hundred of BROXTON, county palatine of CHESTER, 2 miles (W. by S.) from Malpas, containing 247 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Cuddington was a township in Malpas ancient parish, Broxton hundred (SJ 4546), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • It includes the hamlets of Cherry Hill and Cuddington Heath.
  • The population was 424 in 1801, 282 in 1851, 255 in 1901, 219 in 1951, and 180 in 2001.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Wrexham (1837-53)
  • Whitchurch (1853-1937)
  • West Cheshire (1937-74)
  • Chester & Ellesmere Port (1974-98)
  • Cheshire West (1998-2007)
  • Cheshire (2007-09)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Court Records

  • Broxton (1828-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2001)
  • Chester, Ellesmere Port & Neston (2001-12)
  • West Cheshire (2012+)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Whitchurch Rural Sanitary DIstrict (1875-94)
  • Malpas Rural District (1894-1936)
  • Tarvin Rural District (1936-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2009)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Wrexham (1837-53)
  • Whitchurch (1853-1930)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-1948)
  • Northwich (1949-54)
  • Nantwich (1955-74)