Hide

Cuddington (near Weaverham)

hide
Hide

"CUDDINGTON, a township in the parish of WEAVERHAM, second division of the hundred of EDDISBURY, county palatine of CHESTER, 4¾ miles (W. by S.) from Northwich, containing 282 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Cuddington was a township in Weaverham ancient parish, Eddisbury hundred (SJ 6070), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • It includes the hamlets of Bryn, Delamere Park, Golden Nook, Pettypool (part), Pinfold Hollows, Ravensclough and Stonyford.
  • The population was 212 in 1801, 316 in 1851, 465 in 1901, 2898 in 1951, and 5223 in 2001.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Northwich (1837-1974)
  • Vale Royal (1974-98)
  • Cheshire Central (1998-2007)
  • Cheshire (2007-09)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Court Records

  • Eddisbury (1828-1974)
  • Vale Royal (1974-2012)
  • West Cheshire (2012+)
topup

Historical Geography

topup

Politics & Government

  • Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Northwich Rural District (1894-1974)
  • Vale Royal (1974-2009)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Northwich
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-1948)
  • Northwich (1949-74)