Eaton (near Davenham)
"EATON, a township in the parish of DAVENHAM, hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 2¾ miles (S. by W.) from Northwich, containing 18 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Eaton was a township in Davenham ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 6570), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- In 1936 the civil parish was abolished to become parts of Davenham, Hartford and Winsford.
- The population was 15 in 1801, 16 in 1851, and 26 in 1901.
For the period after 1936, see Davenham.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Eaton (near Davenham) to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Eaton (near Davenham) has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ649706 (Lat/Lon: 53.231677, -2.527113), Eaton (near Davenham) which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Northwich Rural District (1894-1936)