- Stockport: St. Mary the Virgin (Church of England). The ancient parish church for the township of Stockport Etchells.
- Stockport: St. Thomas (Church of England). The district church for Stockport Etchells from 1839.
- Gatley: St. James the Apostle (Church of England). The district church for Stockport Etchells from 1882.
- Heald Green: St. Catherine (Church of England). Built in 1933 as a chapel to Gatley: St. James the Apostle, becoming a district church in 1958.
- Heald Green: Christ Church (Romn Catholic). Opened by 1966.
- Gatley, United Reformed Church (Independent/Congregational). Founded in 1778, closed in 1967. Registers of baptisms 1779-1944 and burials 1823-1950 are at Manchester Central Library.
There are more than 30 churches identified in this place. Please click here for a complete list.
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Stockport area or see them printed on a map.
You can see pictures of STOCKPORT ETCHELLS which are provided by:
- 1930 March 31 — Abolished and incorporated into Cheadle & Gatley (1572 acres, pop. 2087 in 1921)
You can see the
administrative areas in which STOCKPORT ETCHELLS has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ895903 (Lat/Lon: 53.409407, -2.159418), STOCKPORT ETCHELLS which are provided by: