- Stockport Etchells was a township in Stockport ancient parish, Macclesfield hundred (SJ 8488), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1930 to become part of Cheadle & Gatley.
- Included the hamlets of Gatley, Heald Green and Pimgate.
- The population was 623 in 1801, 805 in 1851, and 1776 in 1901.
- 1930 March 31 — Abolished and incorporated into Cheadle & Gatley (1572 acres, pop. 2087 in 1921)
- Stockport Rural Sanitary District (1875-86)
- Cheadle & Gatley Urban Sanitary District (1886-94)
- Cheadle & Gatley Urban District (1894-1930)