Hide

Golborne David

hide
Hide

"GOLBORN-DAVID, a township in that part of the parish of HANDLEY which is in the lower division of the hundred of BROXTON, county palatine of CHESTER, 6½ miles (S. E. by S.) from Chester, containing 76 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Golborne David was a township in Handley ancient parish, Broxton hundred (SJ 4559), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • It includes the hamlet of Platts Rough (part).
  • The population was 62 in 1801, 74 in 1851, 67 in 1901, 59 in 1951, and 55 in 2001.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Great Boughton (1837-69)
  • Chester (1870-1937)
  • West Cheshire (1937-74)
  • Chester & Ellesmere Port (1974-98)
  • Cheshire West (1998-2007)
  • Cheshire (2007-09)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Court Records

  • Broxton (1828-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2001)
  • Chester, Ellesmere Port & Neston (2001-12)
  • West Cheshire (2012+)
topup

Historical Geography

topup

Politics & Government

  • Tarvin Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Tarvin Rural District (1894-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2009)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Great Boughton (1837-71)
  • Tarvin (1871-1930)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-1948)
  • Northwich (1949-54)
  • Nantwich (1955-74)