"GRANGE, a township in the parish of WEST KIRBY, lower division of the hundred of WIRRALL, county palatine of CHESTER, 8½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Great Neston, containing 125 inhabitants. A school is supported by annual subscriptions amounting to about £30." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Grange was a township in West Kirby ancient parish, Wirral hundred (SJ 2387), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- Since 1974 it has been an unparished area in the county of Merseyside.
- It includes the hamlets of Caldy Grange and Newton Carr.
- The population was 10 in 1801, 105 in 1851, 299 in 1901, and 7657 in 1951.
- Wirral Rural Sanitary District (wholly, 1875-91; partly, 1891-94)
- West Kirby & Hoylake Urban Sanitary District (partly, 1891-94) *
- Wirral Rural District (1894-1933)
- Hoylake Urban District (1933-1974)
- Wirral Metropolitan Borough [Merseyside] (1974+)
* The part in West Kirby & Hoylake Urban Sanitary District (1891-94) became part of the civil parish of Hoylake cum West Kirby in 1894.