St Mary and All Saints, Great Budworth, Church of England
St Mary and All Saints,
It was founded in 1558.
An ancient parish church, originally serving the townships of Anderton, Antrobus, Appleton, Aston by Budworth, Barnton, Bartington, Cogshall, Comberbach, Crowley, Great Budworth, Higher Whitley, Little Leigh, Lower Whitley, Marbury, Marston, Nether Tabley, Pickmere, Seven Oaks, Stretton, Wincham, and part of the township of Dutton. It also included the ancient parochial chapelries of Lower Peover: St. Oswald and Witton: St. Helen.
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
- 1834 July 15 — reduced when the townships of Little Leigh and Bartington, and the constituent part of the township of Dutton were transferred to Little Leigh: St. Michael & All Angels.
- 1834 July 15 — reduced when the townships of Higher Whitley and Lower Whitley were transferred to Lower Whitley: St. Luke.
- 1834 July 15 — reduced when the townships of Stretton and Appleton were transferred to Stretton: St. Matthew.
- 1843 — reduced when the townships of Barnton and Anderton were transferred to Barnton: Christ Church.
- 1844 — reduced when the township of Wincham was transferred to Lostock Gralam: St. John the Evangelist
- 1848 — reduced when the townships of Antrobus and Seven Oaks were transferred to Antrobus: St. Mark
- 1875 March 19 — reduced when most of the township of Marston was transferred to Marston: St. Paul.
- 1965 August 3 — extended to include the abolished district of Marston: St. Paul.
- 1968 November 22 — (details not available)
- 1973 June 20 — (details not available)
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1558-1984 ; M 1558-1989 ; B 1558-1892 — Cheshire Archives (P 41)
C from 1984 ; M from 1989 ; B from 1892 — Church
|Microfilm Copies||C 1558-1923 ; M 1558-1956 ; B 1558-1892 — Cheshire Archives
C 1558-1872 ; M 1558-1912 ; B 1558-1892 — Manchester Archives & Local Studies ; Family History Society of Cheshire ; Northwich Library
|Bishop's Transcripts||1605-07, 1612-14, 1616-23, 1625, 1627-28, 1630-31, 1634, 1637-41, 1658-62, 1665-67, 1669-71, 1673, 1675-76, 1677(?), 1678-85, 1690-1738, 1741-1838,1840-44, 1870-1907 (microfilmed) ; 1901-07 — Cheshire Archives|
|Copies and Indexes||M 1673-1837 (incomplete) — Bertram Merrell Marriage Index of Cheshire (1750-1836)
M 1754-1837 — North & East Cheshire Marriage Index - may be viewable at subscription sites such as ancestry or findmypast
M 1837-1974 — Cheshire BMD (CW:126)
B 1624-1734 — National Burial Index
|Monumental Inscriptions||Published by North Cheshire Family History Society, 1975 (2 vols.)|
|Notes||C 1734-1786 ; B 1734-1812 — damaged by fire in 1964 ; parts illegible|
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)