Hide

Hatton (near Runcorn)

hide
Hide

"HATTON, a township in the parish of RUNCORN, hundred of BUCKLOW, county palatine of CHESTER, 4¼ miles (S. by W.) from Warrington, containing 397 inhabitants. The Chester canal passes on the east side of this township." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Hatton was a township in Daresbury chapelry of Runcorn ancient parish, Bucklow hundred (SJ 6082), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The population was 241 in 1801, 377 in 1851, 319 in 1901, 362 in 1951, and 316 in 2001.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Runcorn (1837-1974)
  • Warrington (1974+)
topup

Court Records

  • Bucklow (1828-39)
  • Daresbury (1839-1974)
  • Warrington (1974+)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Runcorn Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Runcorn Rural District (1894-1974)
  • Warrington (1974+)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Runcorn
topup

Voting Registers

  • North Cheshire (1832-67)
  • Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Knutsford (1885-1948)
  • Runcorn (1949-74)