Hide

Hatton (near Tattenhall)

hide
Hide

"HATTON, a township in the parish of WAVERTON, lower division of the hundred of BROXTON, county palatine of CHESTER, 6 miles (S. E.) from Chester, containing 157 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Hatton was a township in Waverton ancient parish, Broxton hundred (SJ 4761), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • It included the hamlets of Crows Nest, Golden Nook and Hatton Heath.
  • The population was 152 in 1801, 164 in 1851, 134 in 1901, 126 in 1951, and 120 in 2001.
  • In 2015 the civil parish was abolished and incorporated into Hargrave & Huxley, Golborne David, and Tattenhall & District.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Great Boughton (1837-71)
  • Tarvin (1871-1937)
  • West Cheshire (1937-74)
  • Chester & Ellesmere Port (1974-98)
  • Cheshire West (1998-2007)
  • Cheshire (2007-09)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009-15)
topup

Court Records

  • Broxton (1828-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2001)
  • Chester, Ellesmere Port & Neston (2001-12)
  • West Cheshire (2012-15)
topup

Historical Geography

topup

Politics & Government

  • Tarvin Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Tarvin Rural District (1894-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2009)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009-15)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Great Boughton (1837-71)
  • Tarvin (1871-1930).
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-1948)
  • Northwich (1949-74)