St Thomas, Henbury, Church of England
Church Lane, Henbury,
It was founded in 1845.
Built in 1845 as the district church for the township of Henbury and part of the township of Macclesfield (previously served by Prestbury: St. Peter and Gawsworth: St. James).
The district was affected by the following boundary change:
- 1962 January 25 — (details not available)
- 1975 October 22 — reduced when part of the civil parish of Macclesfield was transferred to Upton Priory: Church of the Resurrection.
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1845-2012 ; M 1869-1988 ; B 1845-2006 — Cheshire Archives (P 253)
C from 2012 ; M from 1988 ; B from 2006 — Church
|Microfilm Copies||C 1845-1956 ; M 1869-1955 ; B 1845-1956 — Cheshire Archives
C 1845-1872 — Family History Society of Cheshire ; Macclesfield Library
|Bishop's Transcripts||1892-1904 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Archives|
|Copies and Indexes||M 1869-1988 — Cheshire BMD (CE:1044)|
|Monumental Inscriptions||Published by the Family History Society of Cheshire (Macclesfield Group), 1990|
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)