St Mary of the Angels, Hooton, Roman Catholic
St Mary of the Angels,
It was founded in 1866.
Hooton Hall (18th century-1849) ; Chester Road (from 1879).
A domestic Roman Catholic chapel was maintained by the Stanley family at Hooton Hall from at least 1701, until the hall was sold in 1849. The congregation then attended mass at Puddington: St. Mary, until services re-commenced in temporary premises in 1865. St. Mary's church opened in 1879, when the dedication was changed from St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception to St. Mary of the Angels.
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; Conf = Confirmations
|Original Registers||C 1805-1849 ; M 1811-1835 ; B 1806-1848 — Cheshire Archives (ERC 4)
C 1865-1947 ; B 1868-1947 — Cheshire Archives (ERC 32)
|Microfilm Copies||C 1805-1849 ; M 1811-1835 ; B 1806-1848 — Neston Library|
|Notes||Conf 1813-1845 — Cheshire Archives (ERC 4)|
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)