Hide

Horton cum Peel

hide
Hide

"HORTON, a joint township with Peele, in that part of the parish of TARVIN which is in the second division of the hundred of EDDISBURY, county palatine of CHESTER, 7½ miles (E. N. E.) from Chester, containing 36 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

"PEELE, a township, joint with Horton, in that part of the parish of TARVIN which is in the second division of the hundred of EDDISBURY, county palatine of CHESTER, 7½ miles (E.N.E.) from Chester. The population is returned with Horton." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Horton cum Peel was a township in Tarvin ancient parish, Eddisbury hundred (SJ 5169), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • It included the hamlet of Peel.
  • The population was 36 in 1801, 33 in 1851, 32 in 1901, 26 in 195, and 15 in 2001.
  • The civil parish was abolished in 2015 and incorporated into Ashton Hayes & Horton cum Peel.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Great Boughton (1837-69)
  • Chester (1870-1937)
  • West Cheshire (1937-74)
  • Chester & Ellesmere Port (1974-98)
  • Cheshire West (1998-2007)
  • Cheshire (2007-09)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009-15)
topup

Court Records

  • Eddisbury (1828-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2001)
  • Chester, Ellesmere Port & Neston (2001-12)
  • West Cheshire (2012-15)
topup

Historical Geography

topup

Politics & Government

  • Tarvin Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Tarvin Rural District (1894-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2009)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009-15)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Great Boughton (1837-71)
  • Tarvin (1871-1930)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-1948)
  • Northwich (1949-74)