Hide

Hough

hide
Hide

"HOUGH, a township in the parish of WYBUNBURY, hundred of NANTWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 4 miles (E. by S.) from Nantwich, containing 202 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Hough was a township in Wybunbury ancient parish, Nantwich hundred (SJ 7150), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • Includes part of the hamlet of Goodalls Corner.
  • The population was 206 in 1801, 309 in 1851, 324 in 1901, 330 in 1951, and 783 in 2001.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Nantwich (1837-1937)
  • Crewe (1937-74)
  • Congleton & Crewe (1974-88)
  • South Cheshire (1988-98)
  • Cheshire Central (1998-2007)
  • Cheshire (2007-09)
  • Cheshire East (2009+)
topup

Court Records

  • Nantwich (1828-1974)
  • Crewe & Nantwich (1974-92)
  • South Cheshire (1992+)
topup

Historical Geography

topup

Politics & Government

  • Nantwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Nantwich Rural District (1894-1974)
  • Crewe & Nantwich (1974-2009)
  • Cheshire East (2009+)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Nantwich
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Crewe (1885-1954)
  • Nantwich (1955-74)