"HULSE, a township in that part of the parish of GREAT BUDWORTH which is in the hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 4 miles (E. by S.) from Northwich, containing 54 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Hulse was a township in Witton Chapelry of Great Budworth ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 7073), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1892 to become part of Lach Dennis.
- It included the hamlet of Hulse Heath.
- The population was 37 in 1801 and 51 in 1851.
For the period after 1892, see Lach Dennis.