Church Lane, Foulk Stapleford.
An ancient chapel to Tarvin: St. Andrew. In 1878 it became the district church for the townships of Foulk Stapleford and Huxley (previously served by Tarvin: St. Andrew and Waverton: St. Peter). The London Gazette for 21 May 1878 set out the boundaries of "The Consolidated Chapelry of Saint Peter Hargrave" as follows:
"All that portion of the parish of Tarvin in the county of Chester and in the diocese of Chester which is comprised within and is co-extensive with the limits of the township of Foulk Stapleford otherwise called or known as the parochial chapelry of Hargrave"
"And also all that contiguous portion of the parish of Waverton in the county and diocese aforesaid which is comprised within and is co-extensive with the limits of the township of Huxley".
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1744-1979 ; M 1746-1749, 1841-2008 ; B 1744-1995 — Cheshire Record Office (P 78)|
C from 1979 ; M from 1997 ; B from 1996 — Church
|Microfilm Copies||C 1744-1979 ; M 1746-1749, 1841-1991 ; B 1744-1995 — Cheshire Record Office|
C 1744-1883 ; M 1746-1749 ; B 1744-1813 — Family History Society of Cheshire
|Bishop's Transcripts||1632-35, 1637, 1639-41, 1666, 1668, 1671-2, 1676-78, 1680-85, 1806-49, 1851-69, 1883-89 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office|
|Copies and Indexes||M 1841-1958 — Cheshire BMD (CW:CE29)|
B 1744-1995 (transcript by Hargrave & Huxley History Group) — Cheshire Record Office
B 1744-1995 — National Burial Index
|Monumental Inscriptions||Published by the Family History Society of Cheshire (edited by H. Jones), 1992|
Transcript by Hargrave & Huxley History Group (edited by J. Whittle), 1998 — Cheshire Record Office, Chester Library
|Notes||CMB 1661-1744 — register(s) missing|
M 1749-1841 — see Tarvin: St. Andrew