Hide

Kermincham

hide
Hide

"KERMINCHAM, a township in the parish of SWETTENHAM, hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 5½ miles (N. W.) from Congleton, containing 176 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Kermincham was a township in Swettenham ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 8068), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The population was 179 in 1801, 181 in 1851, and 156 in 1901.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Congleton (1837-1936)

After 1936 see Swettenham.

topup

Court Records

  • Northwich (1828-1907)
  • Congleton (County) (1907-36)

After 1936 see Swettenham.

topup

Historical Geography

  • 1936 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Swettenham (1232 acres, pop. 129 in 1931)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Congleton Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Congleton Rural District (1894-1936)

After 1936 see Swettenham.

topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Congleton
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Knutsford (1885-1936)

After 1936 see Swettenham.