An ancient chapelry in the parish of Prestbury: St. Peter from 1770, serving part of the township of Rainow. In 1864 it became the district church for part of the township of Rainow and the whole of the township of Kettleshulme (previously served by Prestbury: St. Peter). The boundaries of "The District Chapelry of Saltersford-cum-Kettleshulme" were described in the London Gazette on 4 March 1864:
"All that portion of the parish of Prestbury, in the county of Chester and in the diocese of Chester, which is comprised within and is co-extensive with that part of the township of Rainow which constitutes the ancient chapelry of Saltersford. And also all that other portion of the same parish which is comprised within and is co-extensive with the limits of the township of Kettleshulme."
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
- 1921 July 1 — reduced when the township of Kettleshulme was transferred to Taxal: St. James.
On 1 July 1921 the district (as modified by the above boundary change) was amalgamated with that of Rainow: Holy Trinity to form the combined district of "Rainow with Saltersford".
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts