"KINGSWOOD, a township in the parish of SHOTWICK, higher division of the hundred of WIRRALL, county palatine of CHESTER, containing 44 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Kingswood was a township in Delamere ancient parish, Eddisbury hundred (SJ 5372)—created in 1812 out of the previously extra-parochial area of Delamere Forest—, which became a civil parish in 1866.
- In 1936 the civil parish was abolished to become parts of Kingsley, Manley and Norley.
- It included the hamlets of Birchdale, Birch Hill, Castle Hill, Hatchmere, New Pale and Waterloo.
- The population was 109 in 1851, and 248 in 1901.